Coalition Meeting Dates
Hudson County Coalition for a Drug-Free Community holds frequent meetings sharing expertise and resources to decrease substance abuse within Hudson County.
Prescription Drop Box Map
Safely dispose of your unused medications in any of these prescription drop box locations. Can’t find a drop box location within your reach? Download the free AMCC Rx Drop App to find a location near you.
9-1-1 Lifeline Law
In 2009, NJ adopted the Lifeline Law, which allows minors to summon medical assistance for intoxicated underage persons without being prosecuted for underage drinking.
On Friday, the Hudson County Coalition staff hosted their annual Holiday Meet & Greet, thanking everyone who has worked with the coalition throughout the years. Thanks to all our partners, we are able to make an impact in our county to reduce the use and abuse of substances.
Happy Holidays & Happy New Year
from all of us at Partners in Prevention!
National Prevention Week is an annual health observance dedicated to increasing public awareness of, and action around, substance abuse and mental health issues.
The three primary goals of National Prevention Week are to:
- Involve communities in raising awareness about behavioral health issues and implementing prevention strategies;
- Foster partnerships and collaboration with federal agencies and national organizations dedicated to behavioral and public health; and
- Promote and disseminate quality behavioral health resources and publications.
During National Prevention Week, organizations across the country host health fairs, block parties, educational assemblies, town hall meetings, memorial walks, social media campaigns, outdoor events, and more. Thousands across the United States and in U.S. territories attend these events and help raise awareness about the importance of preventing substance use and promoting positive mental health.
Each day of National Prevention Week focuses on a specific health theme. The themes for National Prevention Week 2017 are:
- Prevention of Youth Tobacco Use: Monday, May 15
- Prevention of Underage Drinking & Alcohol Misuse: Tuesday, May 16
- Prevention of Prescription & Opioid Drug Misuse: Wednesday, May 17